Plutus Awards

I’m breaking my usual Thursday vow of silence to pass along the news that Bad Money Advice has been nominated for a Plutus Award. I am particularly proud of the category: Most Controversial Personal Finance Blog. Fans of BMA might want to drop by the site and show their support. I’d appreciate it, and the other nominees may as well, as they likely achieved controversy less intentionally.

• By bex, February 25, 2010 @ 10:45 am

DONE! Good luck with that… I also voted for Get Rich Slowly and Big Picture… they were the only 2 other blogs I peruse. Yours is much more fun to read, tho… I’m surprised you weren’t in the “humor” category as well.

• By Adam, February 25, 2010 @ 10:46 am

Congrats! I voted for you!

• By Andrew Stevens, February 25, 2010 @ 11:38 am

Yes, I would have voted for you in the “humor” category (and probably others), for sure. As it is, you don’t really deserve to win Most Controversial, not with I Will Teach You to Be Rich and Brazen Careerist among the nominees. This isn’t to say I don’t support you because you do a better blog than 95-100% of all the blogs mentioned on that page. But you’re not really the most controversial.

• By Chuck, February 25, 2010 @ 11:43 am

Controversial?? Say what? Your blog and “The Finance Buff” are the only ones who debunk the crap coming from other media. That counts as controversy nowadays?

• By Investor Junkie, February 25, 2010 @ 1:09 pm

I would say more in the humor category myself.

• By jim, February 25, 2010 @ 2:11 pm

This blog is full of controversy. Even being nominated for the most controversial blog is a controversy. I also think you should have been in most humorous.

• By tm, February 25, 2010 @ 2:57 pm

The huge list of different categories (all sponsored by someone) is ridiculous, and gets into the “everyone wins no matter where they finished” type of “competition” best left for preschoolers.
    I’d propose the unofficial BMA awards:
    “Steering You Away from Stupid PF Decisions with Actual Information” I nominate BMA here
    “A PF Blog that is Nothing More than a Front for Promoting the Blogger’s Book/Paid Service/Business”: Too many nominees to list in this small space.
    “If you follow these simple steps, you too can be poorer for your efforts (and if you are, please buy my next book)”:
    Suze Orman

• By kitty, February 25, 2010 @ 7:34 pm

I voted for you simply because this was the only category you were nominated in. I don’t find anything controversial here, in fact it’s the most common sense blog around. Most humorous would be much better.

• By Nick, February 26, 2010 @ 10:25 am

You definitely deserve to be in the Most Well Written category. Few blogs (or traditional media) can match your clarity, directness, and thorough research.

• By Rob Bennett, February 26, 2010 @ 11:47 am

I think my blog is the Most Controversial and I have the scars to prove it.

Still, I think yours is pretty darn controversial and in an entirely good way. So I am pleased to see that you are getting recognition for this and wish you luck with it and continued success.

• By Kosmo @ The Casual Observer, March 1, 2010 @ 12:27 pm

I tried to nominate you in the category of “Most Blogorific Blog”, with the category being sponsored by The Casual Observer.

But Plutus (or maybe Donald Duck) rejected the nomination.